AT THE UNITS:
- We have badminton rackets and nets available, as well as a swing bat and ball.
- Relax and read a book while the kids play outside
WITHIN WALKING DISTANCE:
- HIRE A BIKE from your hosts and cycle around Binalong Bay, The Gardens etc. There are some great tracks to ride on in the area.
- Take the kids to the PLAYGROUND just up the road and while they are playing you can hire the TENNIS courts (bookings essential), and have a hit.
- Take a WALK around the area. You will find there are many wonderful tracks to follow. Walks include Skeleton Bay, Binalong Bay Beach, around Humbug, around Grant’s Lagoon, The Gardens, and of course up the Bay of Fires famous walk.
- Take your binoculars and a camera and go BIRDWATCHING. Wildlife abounds in the area. Keep an eye out for the White Bellied Sea Eagles, Hooded Plovers, Wedge Tail Eagles, Black Cockatoos, Pelicans, Oyster Catchers, Wattle Birds, Blue Wrens, the beautiful Firetail, Scarlet Robins, Rosellas and so many more.
- Don’t forget to look-out for the wonderful WILDFLOWERS. Your Bungalow is right opposite the beautiful Grant’s Lagoon which is famous for its native orchids. Walk across the road, and follow the track to your right – and you will be amazed at what you will find.
- Walk down to the Gulch (the Boat Ramp) and see if the STINGRAYS are there getting a feed from the fishermen. They are often there about 9am in the morning – or any time you see someone cleaning fish on the wharf.
- HUNGRY? Then take a 5 minute walk down to the local Binalong Bay Café, MORESCO RESTAURANT, and enjoy a coffee, or perhaps brekky, lunch or dinner! You can sit on the deck, overlooking the beautiful waters of Binalong Bay Beach, and keep a look-out for the dolphins, the birdlife, and even the occasional whale. It’s fully licenced, so you can have whatever takes your fancy!
THE WATER SPORTS!
- For guests we have available for hire a 3-PERSON CANADIAN CANOE, and as you can see in the photograph below, Grant’s lagoon is a lovely spot for a paddle!
- Also for hire is snorkelling gear, and there are some lovely spots to dive or SNORKEL, all along the coast.
- We also take qualified people SCUBA DIVING – bookings are essential of course. You can dive and see the sea dragons.
- You can hire some FISHING RODS from EAST LINES (or bring your own), and fish in the lagoon, go surf fishing on the beach, or rock fishing. Catch your own dinner!
- You can even BRING YOUR BOAT – we have plenty of off street-parking available.
- If you are not lucky enough to have your own boat – there are quite a few CHARTER BOATS available which mostly leave from St Helens Port .
TAKE A DRIVE
- Take the A3 to Pyengana, stopping at the SHOP IN THE BUSH along the way, and enjoy a short walk to ST COLUMBA falls through a temperate rainforest, then enjoy lunch at the Award Winning HOLY COW CAFE, and PYENGANA CHEESE FACTORY, or the PUB IN THE PADDOCK (visit the famous pig!)
- Visit the historic township of Goulds Country and Halls Falls and walk the BLUE TIER.
- Drive to the ST HELENS GOLF COURSE and have a round of golf, or play bowls at the BOWLING CLUB
- Drive to CERISE BROOK ORCHARD and the CHIP N PUTT FAMILY GOLF COURSE at St Helens. There you will find a 9 hole, par 3, golf course. Not mini golf, but a smaller version of a full size course with the fairways ranging from 60 to 114 metres. It takes about an hour to play.
- Take a short drive down to Scamander, follow the Upper Scamander Road and visit EUREKA FARM, or continue down to Four Mile Creek and Ironhouse Point where you will find White Sands Estate, with its very own IRONHOUSE BREWERY (taste the beers).
- Take a drive to St Mary’s, and then back towards Four Mile Creek, stopping for lunch to enjoy the famous MT ELEPHANT PANCAKES on the way
- Don’t miss a drive out to St Helens Point, and take a walk on the spectacular PERON DUNES.
- Book a light AIRCRAFT and fly over the World Famous Bay of Fires (from St Helens Aerodrome).
AFTER A BUSY DAY!
- Girls! Take a drive into St Helens and have your hair and nails done.
- Organise a local LOMI LOMI MASSAGE – they will come to your unit and you can enjoy a relaxing massage.
- Go sit on one of the many picnic tables around Binalong Bay, take in the vistas, watch the sunset and relax.
YOUR HOSTS: COLIN & MAIRI LESTER
Phone: BH: +61 36376 1720 or AH: +61 36376 8368
Fax: +61 36376 1720
124 MAIN ROAD, BINALONG BAY. Tasmania